Numerous scientific collaborations with prestigious foreign research groups have been activated by the members of the Academic Board and are aimed at deepening specific research topics. As part of the didactic-scientific activities, PhD students are expected to spend a period of study and research for a period of 12-18 months at the following university and research institutions in Europe and the USA.
The Academic Council will be responsible to propose the study plan of the PhD student and to authorize the research training in a Host Institution.The study plan consists of teaching (seminars) and research activities.
The following coordinators of the curricula will be in charge to formulate the study plan:
- Hypertension, heart failure and arrhythmias
- Campus Naples/Mercogliano: Prof. Emanuele Barbato, Prof. Pasquale Perrone Filardi
- Campus Aalst: Prof. Jozef Bartunek
- Campus Bern: Prof. Thomas Suter
- Non-invasive diagnostic imaging of cardiac diseases
- Campus Naples/Mercogliano: Prof. Maurizio Galderisi, Prof. Nicola De Luca
- Campus Aalst: Prof. Guy Van Camp, Prof. Martin Penicka
- Campus Bern: Prof. Christian Seiler
- Interventional cardiology
- Campus Naples/Mercogliano: Prof. Giovanni Esposito, Dr. Tullio Tesorio
- Campus Aalst: Dr. Bernard De Bruyne
- Campus Bern: Prof. Marco Valgimigli