Applications are accepted exclusively online (Access to the system requires user registration): https://www.unina.it/didattica/post-laurea/dottorati-di-ricerca/bandi-di-ammissione
Most of the information about eligibility, application procedure and selection process is included in this section. If you do not find an answer to your question, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for applications is open (https://www.unina.it/documents/11958/37331921/DOTT-39_2023-07-03_avv.pdf) with the following schedule:
11 JULY 2023 (08:00 a.m)
2 AUGUST 2023 (15:00 p.m.)
|Titles and oral test
|PUBLICATION OF THE RESULTS OF THE TITLES EVALUATION
|07/09/2023 (12:00 a.m.)
Date and place of the oral test
11 SEPT 2023 (10:00 a.m.)
Aula Condorelli - Building 2 - ground floor - Via Sergio Pansini, 5 - 80131 Naples
Publication of results
The timetable above is only indicative and can be subjected to changes that will be promptly communicated to the candidates by e-mail.
The oral test will focus on the discussion of a research project to be presented by the candidate.
After filling the online application, the candidates are requested to send to email@example.com
- a printout of the application (signed and dated)
- a Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English (europass format) with the list of publications, awards, patents, etc.
- a personal motivation letter, indicating the preferred curriculum among those foreseen by the CardioPaTh programme, and the preferred campus sites for the training activities (these preferences will be considered but can be subject to change by the Academic Council)
- a presentation letter (if available) of a renowned scientist
- a certificate or self-declaration of the academic degree(s) achieved according to the rules described in the call for application.
- the proof of payment of the registration fee to the call (for italian candidates or candidates resident in Italy).
Self-declaration modules (applicable following the rules described in the call for applications)
Selection and enrollment
Candidates will be selected on the basis of:
a) Their CV
b) Oral examination
The date and mode of the oral examination will be promptly confirmed to candidates who have passed the curriculum evaluation. Candidates will have to prepare a power point and present a project and a research plan to be carried out during the PhD course of approximately 10 min.
In evaluating the candidates, the "Selection Committee" has 100 points, which will be allocated as follows:
- 30 marks on their scientific profile, type of academic degree (with final mark) and thesis, scientific publications, research grants and awards, patents, presentation letters, etc.
- 70 marks on the oral examination (in English) on research topics of the chosen curriculum within the CardioPath programme.
To be admitted to the oral examination, a candidate should reach a minimum mark of 12/30 at the evaluation of their CV. The oral examination will be successfully accomplished with a minimum mark of 42/70.
After the admission procedure, each student is admitted to the PhD programme at the University of Naples “Federico II”, referred to as the Home Institution. The PhD student will be also registered in the Academic Consortium Institution that will host him/her during his/her training. PhD students will have to comply with the taxation rules in force at University of Naples “Federico II”. The host institution will not charge additional tuition fees.