The CardioPath programme aims at training graduated in medicine, biology, pharmacy, biotechnology in the field of Cardiovascular Pathophysiology and Therapeutics. The PhD program is structured in the following 3 curricula:
- Hypertension, heart failure and arrhythmias
- Non-invasive diagnostic imaging of cardiac diseases
- Interventional cardiology
The PhD CardioPath programme is a 3rd cycle university degree, fully academic in its nature. The PhD degree is awarded by the University of Naples Federico II. The final title and certificate confirming the award of the PhD degree will be released on behalf of the University of Naples Federico II, the University of Bern and the Cardiovascular Center Aalst. The title gives full access to post-doctoral research positions in Europe and worldwide.
The CardioPath programme can also award the label of “Doctor Europaeus” to those PhD students who fulfill the pre-requisites proposed by the European University Association .
Three tutorial profiles are foreseen for each PhD student:
- The Supervisor is the responsible(s) for the scientific curriculum chosen by the candidate at the Home Institution*, who will supervise the work of the student during the entire PhD period
- The Co-supervisor is the responsible(s) for the scientific curriculum chosen by the candidate at the Hosting Institution*, who will supervise the work of the student during his/her PhD period spent at the Hosting Institution
- An External Advisor can be (provisionally) invited to provide advice in the preparation of the final PhD thesis and/or to participate at the final thesis defense
- Advanced training courses
- Research-related activities
- Training and research activities independently chosen by the PhD student and approved by the Academic Council
For a complete overview see: http://www.cardiopath.eu/the-training-programme
Working language and duration
The PhD programme lasts 3 years. English is the official working language.
*Home Institution is the University of Naples Federico II; Hosting Institution is any of the agreed Institutions.