The CardioPath programme is an international joint academic effort of higher education in cardiovascular pathophysiology and related therapeutics established in 2015.
The CardioPath programme stemmed from the agreement between 2 Universities and 1 Research Center:
- University of Naples Federico II, Italy
- University of Bern, Switzerland
- Cardiovascular Research Center Aalst, Belgium
In alliance with 1 Private Hospital of excellence:
Emanuele Barbato, Jozef Bartunek, Bernard De Bruyne, Maurizio Galderisi, Peter Juni, Bernhard Meier, Salvatore Panico, Christian Seiler, Eugenio Stabile, Bruno Trimarco, Guy Van Camp, Marc Vanderheyden, Stephan Windecker, William Wijns
The CardioPath programme is aimed at providing a systematic understanding and knowledge of the pathophysiologic mechanisms underlying cardiac diseases, and an exposure to cutting-edge therapies in the cardiovascular field. The training programs integrate basic and clinical practice throughout 3 curricula.
- Hypertension, heart failure and arrhythmias
- Non-invasive diagnostic imaging of cardiac diseases
- Interventional cardiology
- Italy: University of Naples Federico II / Clinica Montevergine Mercogliano
- Belgium: Cardiovascular Research Center Aalst
- Switzerland: University of Bern
Prof. Bruno Trimarco (coordinator of PhD programme)
Prof. Emanuele Barbato and Dr. Eugenio Stabile (coordinators of the campus Naples/Mercogliano)
Dr. Marc Vanderheyden (coordinator of campus Aalst)
Prof. Stephan Windecker (coordinator of campus Bern)
This includes 17 members of which 12 hold an academic position and 5 are principal investigators of our campus sites. The complete list can be seen here .
The CardioPath programme is supported by unrestricted funding made available by the University of Naples Federico II and by the Clinica Montevergine Mercogliano